Tom Cruise topbills the scifi movie “Oblivion” based on a graphic novel by Joseph Kosinski who also served as director, producer and one of the screenwriters for the film.
“Oblivion” revolves around the story of a veteran soldier who was sent to a distant planet to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission, and himself.
Cast of Characters:
- Tom Cruise as Commander Jack Harper, a repairman who repairs the alien drones that hunt down the last remaining free humans on a ruined Earth.
- Morgan Freeman as Malcolm Beech, a resistance leader on Earth.
- Olga Kurylenko as Julia Rusakova, an astronaut and Jack’s wife before the invasion.
- Andrea Riseborough as Victoria Olsen, Jack’s communications officer, lover, and former co-pilot.
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Sykes, a battle-hardened and athletic military weapons expert in the resistance.
- Melissa Leo as Sally, Jack and Victoria’s mission controller.
- Zoë Bell as Kara, a resistance soldier.
Produced by Joseph Kosinski, Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark, Barry Levine, and Duncan Henderson with a whopping budget of $ 120 million, the film became the opener of this year’s summer blockbuster season and has raked $ 286,168,572 in the US. The screenplay was written by director Joseph Kosinski together with Karl Gajdusek and Michael Arndt, with musical score by Anthony Gonzalez, Joseph Trapanese, M83 and cinematography by Claudio Miranda.
Watch the trailer here: