Junji, Dave of Team Sarah rocks in ‘Voice PH’ battle

MANILA, Philippines – Singer-actress Sarah Geronimo tested her rocker contestants Junji Arias and Dave Lamar by giving them the Queen classic “Bohemian Rhapsody” as the Battle Round of “The Voice of the Philippines” continued on Sunday.

“It’s a test of musicality, a test of control, a test of a lot of things,” fellow coach Lea Salonga said of the performance.

Singer Gary Valenciano, who is helping Geronimo with her team, praised both contestants. “Kung sa energy, the energy of Dave is up there, sinabayan mo si Junji, and you did exactly what you were supposed to do. May character ang boses niyong dalawa. I would like to leave the decision talaga to Coach Sarah,” he said.

Geronimo eventually chose Arias over Lamar.

“Talagang lumaban ka at na-appreciate ko ‘yun talaga,” she told Lamar.

[Source ]

Junji, Dave of Team Sarah rocks in ‘Voice PH’ battle

Poll: Team Claudine Barretto vs Team Raymart Santiago

Source: http://www.inquirer.net

Saying she has had enough of “all kinds of stress” due to “a series of events” she has been dealing with since 2005, actress Claudine Barretto asked the court, on Monday, to order her husband, actor Raymart Santiago, to stay away from her and their children.

Barretto, who according to her lawyer Ferdinand Topacio was weeping all throughout the proceeding, specifically asked the Marikina Regional Trial Court to issue a temporary protection order (TPO) that would prevent her estranged husband from getting within 300 meters of her and their household.

Barretto refused to talk to reporters as Topacio explained that the petition would allow a judge to issue a TPO immediately while scheduling hearings to determine whether a permanent protection order should be granted.

“The important component of the relief is that we are pleading [with] the court to tell Raymart to stay away from my client, their household and their kids… within a certain radius of 300 meters,” he said.

“Our petition also asks Raymart to stop communicating with the kids as they try to settle their differences,” he added.

Barretto’s case was later raffled off to the Marikina RTC Branch 192, a family court presided over by Judge Geraldine Macaraig. The court refrained from releasing further details, citing the confidentiality given to such sensitive cases.

For his part, Topacio said the actress had been thinking of filing the petition for some time although she made up her mind only last weekend.

“This was precipitated by a series of events which I am not at liberty to discuss. She has been enduring acts since 2005 even as she wanted to make their marriage work,” the lawyer added.

When asked for more details, Topacio said the actress was subjected to “all kinds of stress—physical, emotional, psychological, even economic stress.”

He also said that although the case had been filed, Barretto still had mixed feelings about the whole thing.

“She decided just over the weekend and even then, she was ambivalent [about] the matter. Even after the filing, she was still crying. We were coaxing her to eat something because she hasn’t eaten anything since last night,” he added.

Topacio said that Barretto had held back against filing the case because she knew it would be her last resort as it would not help repair their marriage.

“She felt she had no other recourse. She realizes, as she confided to me, that this is the point where there is no more turning back and that this is the beginning of the end of the marriage,” he noted.

However, he could not say if her action would lead to an annulment case. “We’re taking this one step at a time. Anyway, our allegations in the petition do not involve the validity of marriage. It’s more of the stress factor which escalates the conflict between husband and wife.”

Topacio also revealed that Barretto had sought the services of a clinical psychologist to give her counseling to help her cope with what she has been going through.

Only recently, the actress revealed in media interviews that Santiago had not been living with her and their children for at least a month.

More than a year ago, the couple presented a united front when they faced off with Philippine Daily Inquirer columnist Ramon Tulfo in court following a brawl at the airport, which led to the filing of cases and countercharges between both parties.

[Source ]

Poll: Team Claudine Barretto vs Team Raymart Santiago

Superman, Batman to team up in new film

Superman and Batman are to team up in a new film, its director and the studio behind this year’s blockbuster “Man of Steel” announced on Saturday.

The new movie was announced by director Zack Snyder, widely praised for rebooting the Superman franchise last month, with Briton Henry Cavil proving his mettle in the title role.

Batman has yet to be cast, after Christian Bale said he had hung up his cape after the third and final “Dark Knight” movie last year.

The superhero double-act could be seen as an attempt by studio giant Warner Bros to emulate the record-breaking success of last year’s “Avengers” mega-hit, featuring Marvel characters.

“I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC (comic book) Universe in this next chapter,” Snyder told the Comic-Con international pop culture gathering in San Diego.

“Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world,” he said, cited by industry journal Variety.

DC Entertainment supremo Diane Nelson added: “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere.

“All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe,” she added, according to Variety.

Filming on the new movie is due to start next year, for a release in the middle of 2015.

“Man of Steel” has been a commercial success, taking over $ 600 million since its release last month. “The Dark Knight Rises” made over $ 1 billion last year.

“The Avengers,” based on Marvel comic superheros including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk, has taken $ 1.5 billion globally for Warner’s studio giant rivals at Disney.

[Source ]

Superman, Batman to team up in new film

Paula Deen dumps legal team after admitting slurs

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Paula Deen has replaced her lead legal team, the latest fallout from her admission she used racial slurs in the past.

Deen announced last week she had cut ties with her longtime agent who helped make her a Food Network star and start a media and merchandising empire that has largely collapsed.

Grace Speights, an attorney for Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, has been retained as the new lead counsel for Paula Deen Enterprises Inc. and other defendants in an employment discrimination lawsuit, according to Jennifer Costa, a spokeswoman for the Washington-based firm.

The lawsuit was filed by Lisa Jackson, who once worked as a manager at Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House, which Deen co-owns with her brother, Bubba Hiers. Jackson says she was sexually harassed and worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and innuendo.

Asked in a deposition if she had ever used the N-word, Deen replied: “Yes, of course.” But she also insisted “it’s been a very long time.”

According to the Morgan Lewis website, Speights specializes in defending clients in employment discrimination cases and consulting clients on best practices in corporate diversity.

Court documents filed Thursday asked that all future documents in the case be sent to the Morgan Lewis & Bockius Law Firm and to the Weiner, Shearhouse, Weitz, Greenberg and Shawe law firm in Savannah.

The Oliver Maner law firm and the Gillen Withers and Lake firm in Savannah had been representing Deen, Hiers and their businesses.

Patricia Glaser, of the Los Angeles law firm Glaser Weil, told The Associated Press that Deen had also retained that firm as a general counsel and that it would be monitoring the case.

Calls to each of the other law firms were not immediately returned.

[Source ]

Paula Deen dumps legal team after admitting slurs

Will Lea Salonga complete the team ahead of the other coaches of “The Voice of the Philippines”?

The blind auditions are halfway done and coaches Apl de Ap, Sarah Geronimo, Bamboo, and Ms. Lea Salonga continue their search to complete the 12-artist slots to form their respective teams in the country’s top-rating and weekly Twitter trending singing-reality show, “The Voice of the Philippines.”

team-lea-375x281

Out of the 12 members required per team, Team Apl, Team Sarah, and Team Bamboo already have six artists each, while Team Lea has five. Joining the team of international hiphop sensation Apl are Thor Dulay, Cora Dela Cruz, Lorenzana Siblings, Sir Lord Lumibao, Moira Dela Torre, and Cara Manglapus, while Junji Arias, Eva Delos Santos, Michaellen Temporada, Morisette Amon, Gab Ramos, and Hans Dimayuga join the team of Popstar Royaly Sarah.

Holding the banner of Team Bamboo or also referred to as Camp Kawayan, are Deb Victa, Lee Grane Maranan, Isa Fabregas, Angelique Alcantara, Myk Perez, and the Cordovales Father & Son while artists Taw Muhammad, Chien Berbana, Darryl Shy, Radha, and Mitoy Yonting are proud to be part of Team Lea.

Who among the next batch of artists will make the cut? Which team will complete its members first? The competition definitely heats up every weekend on “The Voice of the Philippines,” Saturdays, 9 PM, and Sundays, 8:15 PM on ABS-CBN.

Get the latest news and updates about the show and view the exclusive artists’ profiles and performance videos in “The Voice of the Philippines” official website at http://thevoice.abs-cbn.com. Like the show’s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thevoiceabscbn, follow @thevoiceabscbn on Twitter, and follow abscbnthevoice on Instagram. Tweet your thoughts about the show using the hashtag #TheVoicePH.

team-sarah-375x281 team-bamboo-375x281 team-apl-375x281
[Source ]

Will Lea Salonga complete the team ahead of the other coaches of “The Voice of the Philippines”?

Poll: Team Charice vs Team Mommy Raquel

Image courtesy of http://www.charicemania.com

Source: GMANewsTV

“Why does she have to apologize to us when she knows that we already knew that she’s a lesbian a long time ago?”

Speaking in tagalog, that was the statement made by Charice Pempengco’s mother, Raquel at a press conference shown on tv earlier today. The statement was in answer to her daughter, Charice’s tv interview a week ago.

Raquel further added that she and her son, Carl understand Charice’s situation, and she never took it against her daughter — as she herself was once a lesbian before she got married and gave birth to Charice. The only difference is that she made a choice to start a family of her own over satisfying and giving in to her sexual preference.

Raquel’s brave statement above on her lesbianism shocked those who were present in the presscon and the audience watching on tv.

From the interview, it was obvious that Raquel was hurting by the turn of events that had hounded them as a family for so long since speculations came out about her daughter Charice’s being a lesbian.

She said that she can take her daughter for what she is, but one thing that she can never accept is Charice’s getting into a relationship with an Allysa Quijano – her daughter’s alleged live-in partner.

Poll: Team Charice vs Team Mommy Raquel